About

1951

Kuhn Ornamental Railing was founded

by Louis Kuhn Sr. and Louis Kuhn Jr. in Lorain making railing and storm doors until 1970

1953

Louis Sr. and Jr. built their 1st location

for Kuhn Railing at 1760 E. 28th St., Lorain
1970

Kuhn began machining and fabricating

ending the making of railing & doors
1975

The company renamed the business to

KUHN FABRICATING
1979

Became incorporated

1985

Lewie Kuhn joined Kuhn Fabricating

as Vice President (3rd generation)
1987

Purchased building at 1637 E. 28th Street

Lorain and moved from 1760 E. 28th St.
1987

Lewie Kuhn

become President of KF
1993

KF added the back addition

to the current building and doubled the size of the facility
2010

Purchased the Trumpf 3030 Laser

and got into the Laser business
2011

Purchased the Trumpf 3120 Press Brake

used for bending metal
2015

Built the 1st Tug Boat